- Intelligent Business Solutions Report: Big Data – Why Transaction Data is Mission Critical to Success - Analyst Mike Ferguson of Intelligent Business Strategies writes about the enhanced role of transactional DBMS systems in today's world of Big Data. Learn more about how Big Data provides richer transactional data and how that data is captured and analyzed to meet tomorrow's business needs.
- 2015 NoSQL Evaluator’s Guide - While every company has its own specific set of requirements for the NoSQL database technology that best fits its use case(s), there's a core set of requirements that figure into most evaluations. Those requirements fall into eight categories: Data Access, Performance, Scalability, Availability, Multiple Data Centers, Big Data Integration, Administration, and Mobile.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management - Read this report from Gartner to learn why IBM is named a Leader in enterprise content management.
- Is Your Storage Up to the Challenge of Big Data Security? - Big data analytics hold great promise to neutralize the sophisticated cyber security threats faced by federal agencies today. But as federal infosec pros turn to security analytics to protect agency networks and data, they find that they need to retain more security-related data for longer.
- Top tips for securing big data environments - As big data environments ingest more data, organizations will face significant risks and threats to the repositories containing this data. Failure to balance data security and quality reduces confidence in decision making.
- IDC Whitepaper: Big Data, Good Data, Bad Data — the link between information governance and Big Data outcomes - Big data analytics offer organizations an unprecedented opportunity to derive new business insights and drive smarter decisions. The outcome of any big data analytics project, however, is only as good as the quality of the data being used.
- IBM Software White Paper: Data-driven healthcare organizations use big data analytics for big gains - The global healthcare industry is under significant pressure to reduce costs and more efficiently manage resources while improving patient care. In addition, rising rates of chronic disease, aging populations, changing consumer expectations about how they want to purchase and receive care, and increasing access to social media and mobile technologies are transforming the way healthcare is obtained and delivered
- Customer experiences with SAP HANA now generally available on IBM Power systems - With SAP HANA on IBM Power Systems now generally available, some SAP customers have questions about how leveraging a system built for big data can directly benefit their organization. In this webinar, you will hear about the IBM and SAP ramp-up program for SAP HANA running on IBM Power Systems and the business and technical benefits that actual customers found. These ramp-up customers now have the capacity to manage growth and the flexibility to integrate new functions, and they've minimized usual risks associated with adopting new business technologies.
- High-Performance with Distributed Caching: Key Requirements for Choosing the Right Solution - Many caching solutions are complex, expensive, and lack the key features and capabilities you really need. Learn how to scale your applications while improving performance and cutting costs.
- Betting on Big Data - The time is ripe for big data and analytics initiatives to pull leaders ahead of the pack. New and varied sources of data, including weblogs, sensors and social media streams, are weaving their way into the analytics mix, making it easier than ever to create connections that convert into actionable insights
- Executive Brochure: Is your Database Ready for the Era of Big Data - You need a database designed to control both the infrastructure and personnel costs that form the IT budget. The next generation of IBM DB2 helps organizations get more value from their big data to improve their IT economics.
- White Paper: In-Memory Databases Put the Action in Actionable Insights - In order to derive business value from Big Data, practitioners must have the means to quickly (as in sub-milliseconds) analyze data, derive actionable insights from that analysis, and execute the recommended actions. While Hadoop is ideal for storing and processing large volumes of data affordably, it is less suited to this type of real-time operational analytics, or Inline Analytics.
- White Paper: Follow the Money: Big Data ROI and Inline Analytics - Wikibon conducted in-depth interviews with organizations that had achieved Big Data success and high rates of returns. These interviews determined an important generality: that Big Data winners focused on operationalizing and automating their Big Data projects.
- IDC White Paper: Affordable, Scalable, Reliable OLTP in a Cloud and Big Data World – IBM DB2 PureScale - This white paper discusses the concept of shared data scale-out clusters, as well as how they deliver continuous availability and why they are important for delivering scalable transaction processing support. It also contrasts this approach, taken in relational database contex, with clustering approaches employed by NoSQL databases and Hadoop applications, showing the importance.
- eBook: Six Reasons to Upgrade Your Database - Is your data architecture up to the challenge of the big data era? Can it manage workload demands, handle hybrid cloud environments and keep up with performance requirements?
- MEETING THE BIG DATA CHALLENGE: GET CLOSE, GET CONNECTED - In boardrooms around the world, C-suite executives are clamoring to join the big data party. And for good reason: the value that can be derived from analyzing big data is well known.
- Executive Brief: Stop Thinking Small about Big Data - It is time to end small thinking about big data. Instead of thinking about how to apply the insights of big data to business problems, we often hear more tactical questions, such as how to store large amounts of data or analyze it in new ways. This thinking is small because it focuses on technology and new forms of data in an isolated and abstract way.
- EIU Research Report: The Virtuous Circle of Data - Data-Driven companies outperform their competitors when it comes to profitability, operational efficiency and innovation as revealed in a new survey from The Economist Intelligence Unit. Although many companies have invested significantly in gathering vast amounts of data on their business, industry, and customers, many still struggle to extract valuable insights.
- The Definitive Guide to the Data Lake - This paper provides the definitive guide on the critical areas of importance to bring data lake organization, governance, and security to the forefront of the conversation to ensure a successful and efficient journey to the data lake.
- Data is Just Data- The Unified Data Difference - Companies too often start big data efforts from scratch, abandoning the analytics solutions they have in place. Instead, companies should simplify their efforts and leverage existing infrastructure.